These ‘Terms and Conditions’ may be subject to change without notice.
- For current course costs and dates, please refer to our website, or alternatively please contact us.
- Prior booking onto the course, please ensure you have read the course content, to ensure the course meets your training needs and that you are able to meet pre-requisites, where stated.
- It is the responsibility of the person whom has booked an individual onto a course to ensure the candidate is suitable for the course and has the relevant experience.
- On receipt of your deposit or full payment, you will recieve an email from Dorset Trade Skills (DTS) confirming your place(s) on the course and giving you full course content and joining instructions.
- Important note: Dorset Trade Skills' acceptance of your booking brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms and conditions. Any term sought to be imposed by you in any correspondence will not form part of the contract.
Invoicing and payment
- Full Course fees are payable 30 days prior to the commencement of the course or upon booking if the start date is within 30 days of the booking date.
- Invoices will be sent via post or email to the name and address provided and must be paid within 30 days of the invoice date or not later than 30 days prior to the start of the course, whichever date occurs soonest (the “due date”).
- Payment must be made in cash (in person), pounds Sterling by cheque, PayPal or BACS.
- If any amount properly due to DTS under or in connection with these terms and conditions remains outstanding beyond the due date DTS may:
a. charge interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 8% per annum above the base rate of Lloyds Bank PLC from time to time (which interest will accrue daily until the date of actual payment, be compounded quarterly, and be payable on demand); or
b. claim interest and statutory compensation pursuant to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998).
Course attendance and certification
- Candidates will receive joining instructions via email to the email address provided.
- It is the responsibility of the individual who has booked the candidate onto the course to ensure the candidate recieves all joining instructions. Instructions will be sent via email within one week of the booking.
- If the joining instructions are not received, it is the responsibility of the individual who made the booking to contact DTS to arrange for them to be reissued.
- Failure to attend the course will result in the full cost being incurred.
- DTS will send all correspondence primarily via email. If alternative details are sent to DTS after the booking has been made, they will supersede the original details and all future correspondence will be sent to the new address.
- No certificate(s) shall be issued whilst there is an outstanding balance (including interest on overdue balances and statutory compensation) due to DTS.
- It may be necessary, for reasons beyond the control of DTS, to change the content and timing of the programme, the date, the venue or the tutor.
Cancellations and Amendments
- All requests for cancellations and/or transfers must be received in writing/email.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
*excluding extenuating circumstances which will be charged at DTS’s discretion.
|Calendar days notice before the start date of the course||Refund applicable|
|30 calendar days or more||Full refund minus a £15 administration fee|
|Between 15 and 29 calendar days (inclusive)||50% refund minus a £15 administration fee|
|Between 1 and 14 calendar days (inclusive)||No refund will be given|
|Failure to attend||Treated as late cancellation and no refund given|
- In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date and an administration fee of £15 has been paid.
- If the candidate is unable to attend, and cannot or does not wish to transfer their place to another candidate, a percentage of the fee paid may be accepted as payment towards a place on the same or another course that takes place within 6 months following the originally booked event. The amount of the course fee transferred is displayed below.
|Calendar days notice before the start date of the course||Fee to transfer to a new course|
|30 calendar days or more||£15 administration fee|
|Between 15 and 29 calendar days (inclusive)||50% of registration fee|
|Between 1 and 14 calendar days (inclusive)||No transfer available. No refund given.|
|Failure to attend||Treated as late cancellation and no fee will be transferred|
- Delegates are only permitted to one course transfer or substitution per booking. After this the full fee will be charged.
- In the event of there being insufficient numbers booked onto a course DTS reserves the right to cancel or postpone the course.
- In the event of cancellation of a course by DTS, we will endeavour to inform all participants a week before the course is due to take place, although please be aware that this is not always possible. All course fees paid will be reimbursed in full, or the payment will be transferred in full to another DTS course. DTS shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred, including transport costs, accommodation etc.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- Hot and cold drinks are provided during breaks.
- Male and female changing room / toilets are available.
- If you are unable to attend any of the course due to extenuating circumstances you must inform DTS in writing.
- If you were unable to attend due to illness you must provide evidence in the form of a doctor's note.
- DTS shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be cancelled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.
These terms and conditions, together with the current DTS website prices, course details and DTS contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the supply of the course and associated materials and services to you by DTS. These terms and conditions cannot be varied except in writing signed by a Director of DTS.